A dreary morning walk and food


Overall update: Walked 2.17 miles today. No weight loss, in fact I have gained 2 pounds.
It's the morning after Thanksgiving, a dreary morning. It just stopped raining, although I would have walked in the rain too. So the ground's a bit slick. I feel good. No more foot pain, just typical muscle soreness in my thighs and hips, which is to be expected. So what's my problem? What I put in my mouth. I am not sticking to my Weight Watcher's plan and counting my points. I know for myself, if I don't follow the plan the way it is outlined, I don't loose weight.
I'm eating too much junk, and too frequently. (This is where I struggle).
For Thanksgiving I ate just a normal sized amount of food, plus dessert, because deprivation doesn't work. What do you do when you're eating at another's house?

You can't ask your host to make everything fat free, or expect them to count your points for you. So, I eat what I want, in smaller quantities. Weight Watchers says that you can have any food you want. You just have to figure out the balance of things; and what works for you.

This is such a difficult time of the year for food. But like I said, I don't want to live in deprivation, then get resentful, and eat everything in sight. So I'm going to watch (be aware) and make better choices of the snack/treat types of food I choose, eating holiday meals, and choosing selectively, plus keeping to my food plan every day I can. (I don't want to call it a diet, because that can lead me to feeling deprived too).

"Eat more seafood"
So, on I go. Until next time......
PS: On another note, if you're looking for great deals on my handmade jewelry, I'm currently running a 50% off select items in my Etsy shop thru Cyber Monday. Check it out, here.

To read my previous post, go here.



Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis