Hitting my first goal- 3 miles

This truly is the most beautiful time of the year to walk in Florida! It's in the 60 degrees. The trees are beautiful; nature is wonderful. Not only am I getting a good physical workout, but I'm also getting a mental health benefit.
So this week I hit my first goal, finally finishing 3 miles. Today's walk was 3.22 miles. I had to change my route a bit, as it got boring real fast, just walking a long road mainly and back. So I took the nature paths around this community, and what a difference it makes! It's not boring, there is always something to see. Many ponds, woods, animals, etc. I like this much better.
Except for when I pass a certain neighbor out in front of his house (in his bath robe) smoking a cigarette. And I get to breath in the second hand smoke. Yuck.

No weight change. Probably due to the fact that I keep eating crap. I need to really gain control of what, and how much I'm eating. I'm working on this. Some would say I need to "turn it over". A simple concept, yet hard to do. I'm looking forward to more "nature" walks! Check back on my progress.

To read my previous post, go here.


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis