We have scorpions?


Today's walk: 2.84 miles, same route. No weight loss this week. Probably because I've been eating too much junk. I really need to watch my tendency to overeat. It's a work in progress.

It's been quite chilly these last 2 mornings when I walked. The other day I wore way too much clothing. Four layers of: work out tank top, t-shirt, sweatshirt, and a jacket. Well, half way through I thought I would pass out. I did much better today. (Work out crop, t-shirt, light jacket.)

So many thoughts go through my mind when I'm walking. Sometimes I think about what I'm going to write on this blog. Sometimes I concentrate on nature. Sometimes I hope to avoid the dogs on their morning walks. Sometimes it's a whole mess of things. This morning I did a prayer/walking meditation. Really good. Must do this more often.

So the other day, while I was driving and coming onto the road where we live, I say this thing in the road-crossing the road, really. It looked like a crab. I didn't want to hit it, but was curious to see what it was. So I pulled up real close to it to drive by on the side. What is a scorpion? When I got up close to it, it stood up and started snapping at my SUV! Like it was trying to attack! It looked like this:
crawfish

What was it? I didn't stick around long enough to find out. But I thought, I might not want to walk in the dark any more.

Today's post workout meal: protein smoothie with banana and a grapefruit.
To read my previous post, go here.

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis