A hard walk

Today I tracked 2.77 miles. My usual route. Did some "sprints"-what I'm calling speeding up as fast as I can walk, with slow down intervals.
Note to self: must have phone completely charged if I want the walking app to work.

Today's walk was a bit challenging. It wore me out. I think it's because I did not eat a proper snack before I went, and I was really hungry for breakfast too. Heavy breathing; a bit dizzy, then a headache. Not properly hydrated I'm guessing.

The weather has begun to change (finally); it was nice and cool this morning.
Thoughts on this morning's walk: It's just one of those days. I'll take the good with the not so good-I won't say bad, because I don't consider any exercise as bad. Did my proper stretching, before and after, cooled down, ate breakfast and drank lots of water.
I saw an osprey up in a tree with the beautiful orangey sunrise in the background. Would have made a nice photo, but I couldn't slow down at that point to get my phone out.

I did feel a bit like I was getting into "the zone" as they call it. It's an interesting feeling of basically zoning out or in really, as it is a meditation inside oneself. I hope to enjoy more of this feeling. More to come....

To read my previous post, go here.

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis