Glossy Box unboxing~April box


I have to admit, this is the coolest "box" that I've received so far from Glossy Box. The art work and the cosmetic bag comes from ThuFri.com, a high end fashion hand bag website out of L.A. The make-up bag also came with a gift card to the ThuFri.com website with a discount code to apply during checkout. FYI: my code is for 50% off.
Considering the price of the hand bags and totes, I'd estimate this cosmetic bag to be about $20.00 or more. Also this month's Glossy box reminds me so much of an Ipsy bag. There's many products that I'm not so thrilled about, and I hope they don't continue this way.

Here's what I got:
Marrackesh split end mender~ Full size $5.99 for 1 oz.~Not a super, fantastic product or high end. Highly fragranced. Too much for my liking.

Aerin "Waterlily Sun" fragrance~O.k., so I don't like most perfumes. This one is a light clean fragrance-one I would not wear, but I've decided to spray it in my lingerie drawers. The size is a mere .3 oz. The full size product is 1.7 oz. at a whopping $110.00.

Estee Lauder Enlighten dark spot correcting night serum~ Finally, a skin care product! This little sample size is probably not enough product for me to really see a difference in my skin, but I'm trying it. Nice consistency, no over-powering fragrance, or harshness. Full size: $62.00

Obsessive Compulisve Cosmetics Stained Gloss: Don't like the color; this will probably end up in a giveaway. I got the full size- $18.00

And last, but certainly not least, the Julep gel eye glider pencil in bronze shimmer. I already have a number of these gel eye liners. They're great. And water-proof. Once applied, they won't budge. Retail price: $16.00
Overall, you do get a lot for the money ($21.00 monthly), but like I said, I'm not crazy about all the products this month. Hopefully I'll get more skin and body products next month. You know, they do have a customer profile and questionare. Hopefully they'll follow it. (One of the reasons why I quit getting Ipsy bags.)
What's your favorite subscription service that you get?

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis