Glossybox March subscription and review

What I got this month:
Ouidad color preserving shampoo and conditioner:
This is a quality brand that I've used before. They came in a nice travel size of 2.5 oz. bottles. Ouidad makes great products for curly hair, and can be purchased at Ulta.

I got 2 sample pots of Orogold cosmetics 24K multi-vitamin day moisturizer. I must admit, I never heard of this product line before. This is a very high end line which includes gold as an ingredient that is said to reduce the signs of aging by plumping and firming the skin, and give the skin radiance. The sample size of 15grams costs $58.00 and the full size product is 50mls. at $118.00.
Way out of my price range, but is was nice to have a chance to try it in my Glossybox this month. I do like the moisturizing effects from this product, but I can't fall for their claims about the gold in the product.

Next up, ModelCo More brows thickening gel in medium/dark.
This is a colored gel that helps to fill in the brows and make them appear thicker. I have always used powders or pencils so this was a new product type for me to try.
And it does what it says. I like the color, and the small applicator brush. Note to self: apply lightly, and allow to dry for about a minute. This is the full size product I received, priced at $18.00 retail.
If you're not familiar with ModelCo cosmetics, you can learn about them here.

So Susan Cosmetics~concealer quad
This is absolutely the WORST! Dry as can be even though the product is "formulated with hydrating marula oil". It says to use the heat from your fingers to soften the product. No way! This went directly into the trash can! I hate to even leave the link above. This retails for $30.95. Buyer beware!

And for the last product I got this month:
Bellapierre Cosmetics cheek and lip stain
I just don't like it. Not my color. Not for me. Did not even swatch. I'll save it for a giveaway.

Have you noticed that a lot of these "beauty box" subscription services offer products from around the world? I guess that's a way to get more exposure for the companies, but I tend to wonder about ingredients, FDA or what other countries use to regulate product ingredients. Do we really know what we're putting on our skin? Food for thought.
What's your opinion?


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis