Birchbox for March

In case you're wondering, Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service, that brings sample and trial sizes of make-up and skin care samples to your door for $10.00 a month.
This month's box was kind of a bomb for me. Nothing I would purchase for myself.
First product:
Mirenesse Glossy Kiss lip crayon:
First and most importantly, this is a color that I would not wear, (I did at least try it on), so I can't really comment on the products hydration factor (as it claims), or its lasting ability.

Elite Therapeutics Rosemary Eucalyptus body creme:
A very light moisturizer with a terrible smell. I won't use it.

Amika Blowout Spray: Said to volumize, smooth, and protect the hair before blow-drying.
Come on now-have you seen my hair? I've mentioned it enough times now about my curly, kinky, dry, frizzy curls. The spray will end up in my giveaway box. BTW: When am I doing a giveaway? (soon)

The Mereadesso tinted "All in one" moisturizer I have not tried yet, but I have a difficult time and yet to have found one of these "multi-taskers" that I like, ie: primer, serum, foundation, BB, CC cream type product.

Number 4 Clarifying shampoo and reconstructive hair mask:
Its claim: To gently purify hair and restore moisture and shine. I don't really think I need a clarifying shampoo right now, but I tried this one today. It's a clear, full foaming shampoo with a very mild herbal scent. I didn't see any difference in my hair with this shampoo. It does carry a high price tag: $32.00-$72.00 depending on size.
The hair mask, I liked. It contains soy protein and shea butter, jojoba seed oil, and sunflower oil. It did provide a great smoothing and moisturizing effect on my hair and left my hair with soft curls. Still, another pricey one; $58.00 for 5.1 oz. I'll have to save up my Birchbox points a while if I want this one! (You get points for leaving feedback on the products you receive, and when friends join.)
I hope you enjoyed this month's Birchbox review, even though I didn't enjoy the products much!

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis