bh cosmetics haul and review

I caught a really good sale at bh cosmetics (something like BOGO Free), so I thought I'd try some new things!
~Smokey eyes 28 color palette~
I really like the colors in this palette. They have a range of pink to purple;light to dark blues, and light to dark grey and black. Nicely pigmented too. Here's just a few swatches.

Then I got the Flawless brow trio in medium. I've been wanting to find something to replace my more expensive Anastasia brow product. The Flawless Brow consists of 2 shades of powder and one cream color. At first I thought it was too dark, even though I have dark brown hair and eye brows. Working with it I found that I like to start with the brown color cream/gel, filling in where I don't have brows then topping off and filling more with the lighter of the two powders. I might even suggest going for the lightest color if you don't want to go too dark. For something like $6.50 each, you might want to get two of them to try!

~BH Studio Pro Matte Finish Pressed Powder~
Great packaging. Large size with mirror and bottom compartment for a sponge with holes in the bottom to allow for air. That's about all the good I can say. The color was way too dark for me- like a tanner, and DID NOT STAY MATTE. I got oily right away. I'd go for a shade or two lighter if you want to try this one.

~Creme Luxe Lipstick~
Not bad for the price. ($3.95 each) Colors I chose: Charmed- a medium pink, sweet mango- an orange/red, and Foxy Gold-a light brown with gold (my favorite one). The lipsticks are not very moisturizing, but do go on with soft moisture. I can't say the lasting power that they have, because I tend to wear off lipsticks easily and sometimes don't re-apply.
Overall, this haul was under $21.00. Not bad! You can go to their website for current deals and reviews for most products. See: BH Cosmetics.

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis