Just a taste

I thought I'd start out today by showing off my new lampwork beads that I can't wait to create with. All these new beads came from a (new to me) lampwork artist, Jennifer Powers of "Quinlan Glass". She has shops on Ebay, Etsy, as well as her own website. What I like about her work, is the quality of the beads, beautiful colors and patterns, different shapes, and a fair price.





The first set, "candy apple" I think will make a nice summery bracelet, possibly with matching earrings. The second set, which is my favorite, with the beautiful heart focal, I plan a rather detailed piece. A necklace with all hand forged links of sterling silver, with I think will be oxidized and put together for a funky stylish look.
The last set, "mardi gras"; I'm not sure yet; the beads are so pretty, I had to have them! They will probably look best in a necklace. We'll see.
Here's a look at a bracelet that I made yesterday.

I think I'm still on a "green" kick. Kazuri beads, pewter Celtic beads, pearls, malachite. Haven't named it yet, but I'm thinking of something "Druid".
As always, I'm behind in the production I want to make, but the last few days, I've been taking an on-line continuing education class to keep up my technician certification. I just finished it this morning.

On the jewelry business side, you must check out another great article by Sarah, of Innovative Momma: http://innovativemoma.blogspot.com/2009/03/art-of-pin-pointing-marketing.html a great marketing article!
You might also want to look at the blog of Dr. David Weiman, marketing director of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine: "Selling handcrafted jewelry": http://marketingjewelry.blogspot.com/ Another valuable site. Enjoy your day!

Comments

Unknown said…
I love her colors! Very spring inspired! Thanks you!

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks