A quick diet and exercise update

So for the last couple of weeks I have not been running. It's just been too hot and humid. I've been exercising indoor. Finally today I thought that I had better try to get back out there, and stop making excuses.
Although it was a little bit hard, I did surprise myself. I did just under 2 miles of walk/run intervals with an improved speed of about 16.45 min./mi. I've got about 4 months until the Run Disney event. I can do this!

Currently doing the "Keto" diet. I've pretty much eliminated most carbs from my diet. I'm not eating: pasta, rice, potatoes, any grains or flours, or sugar, or some fruits. What I am eating is: chicken, meat, tried some fish (didn't like it), shrimp, green vegetables, cauliflower, salads, avocado, berries, nuts, and protein smoothies with almond milk. Somewhat limiting, but I'm willing to give it a go. I think I lost 3 pounds, but did cheat on the diet and am currently fluctuating in my weight again.

Stay tuned for more updates!
To read my previous post, go here.
To start at the beginning of my weight loss journey, go here.


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks