Walking: Things I've learned so far

It's getting cooler here in Florida. Today's morning walk was a bit windy too, adding to the challenge today. A good walk though; I went a little bit farther in distance and picked up my pace, so I cut 10 minutes off my time. My butt was dragging today; I feel tired. I guess these kinds of days are expected.

What I've learned so far: I cannot drink my morning coffee and then go walk. I have to pee too soon! And there are days, where I need that coffee. But, if I just get dressed and ready to go, I can get out the door pretty fast and get to it. And my nose runs- a lot. Although I think I've always had this problem.
My curly bangs get in the way. Constantly dangling in my face. I guess I'll have to clip them back, wear a hat, or head band.

So I'm wondering if it is better to go a longer distance walking, or should I start jogging the shorter distance and add more walking to it?
Also, I need to get something to carry my stuff in- like my keys, phone, eventually water. I found this runner's belt
on Amazon that I think I might get.
Any suggestions on good socks for running?

To read my prevous post, go here.


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis