Watch me work

This is a repeat post I did a couple of years ago, that got probably the most views ever of all my posts. Worth repeating. Enjoy, and feel free to share with a friend!

I was asked to show some of the process in making my cuff bracelets. So, ask and you shall receive!
Here's a quick look at some of the steps.

I start out cutting the sheet metal. NOTE: I now wear gloves to do this. It is very dangerous, and I have cut myself numerous times.


Here I'm making a fold in the metal, in the vise.


The art of "fold forming" requires repeatedly heating and cooling the metal in order to make it soft and workable. NOTE: I now have upgraded to an "Orca" torch system.


I'm creating texture here.


Cutting details into the metal with a jeweler's saw.


I use a variety of files and sandpapers to finish the edges.

And if all goes well, this is the result.

I hope that you enjoyed a look into my work. Stop back soon!


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Vanessa said…
I love seeing the artist at work. That cuff is gorgeous, I wish I had you metal work talent :) Thank you for sharing the behind-the-scenes.
cindy said…
Thank you for the comment!
Unknown said…
Nice work Cindy! Love your talent! Wishing you much continued success. Deb - Boynton Beach

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks