Change is good

It's been one crazy, busy week. I have felt physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. I guess it started with last weekend's show. I did well overall, but still felt like this was not the right venue for me. Doing outdoor shows can be very tiring. Especially if you are traveling to a show, and doing it all by yourself. Which is my situation. Sure my mom came with me the first day, but she cannot lift or help put up a show tent, so I'm on my own.
I started to question myself and my (physical) abilities. Talking with the general public for 7 or 8 hours a day can be exhausting too.
What is the burn out time for doing shows, I ask?

(picture of cruise ship I took as we drove over the Skyway Bridge; not bad for a moving car!)

So on Monday, I started training for a new part-time job. Training has been every night this week, plus still working my regular daytime job.
I have not unpacked from the show, or have had the desire to make any jewelry, until yesterday- and it felt good.
What a relief and good feeling to want to make something. I feel like I'm getting back in my groove.
So as things change, I'm doing my best to go with the flow, and keep my creative juices flowing.


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis