Yay! A ring, and not so much fun stuff


And here we have it, finally. My first metalsmithed ring. Not a real thing of beauty, but wearable, and something to keep as a memory of almost 5 classes to make happen!
I didn't even realize that we were in our fifth week of class, until someone mentioned something to that affect. Next week will be my last class. I am a bit sad, as it did go fast, and although was quite frustrating, I still enjoyed learning what I learned and wish I/we could have done more in this class.

Now for the "not so fun" stuff. My printer is having problems with ink and won't print. (You may remember me saying that I'm "computer/electronically challenged". So, after trying new ink, I now have the cartridge system apart and soaking to try to fix the problem myself. I really hate stuff like this!


While I'm working on this, the heating and air conditioning guys are here doing a much needed maintenance; cleaning and chemically treating the ducts, heater coils, etc. Needless to say, we were suppose to have this done about 6 months ago and put it off, and now, of course the price has gone up over $100.00 of the original estimate from 6 months ago. (Didn't we just get a new hot water heater?)
Sometimes having a house can suck.
The service man some how damaged the heating coil, and had to call another guy in to fix it. (An hour later) Next service guy says he has to replace the whole thing. He'll be back in another hour with the part.
So much for my day off from my regular hustle and bustle. And I thought I'd get creative and make lots of jewelry today. Later.......

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Judy Nolan said…
Your ring turned out beautifully, but I'm sorry about all the challenges for today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
storybeader said…
Your ring turned out fantastic! Good show! I feel lucky the plumbers only took about one hour - they surprised me! And so sorry to hear about your printer. Mine is kinda old now, and I've been waiting for it to.. die... {:-D
cindy said…
I fixed the printer!
Ugh...house troubles are no fun! We tore apart our dishwasher last night!
Glad to see you got the printer fixed :)
And I love the ring! Can't wait to see the others!

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks