Ring takes a turn

More of the ongoing saga on making my first metalsmithed ring. I thought I'd have a complete ring to show this week, but, (of course) I made the band, and soldered nicely, to find..... the stone did not fit! I was very frustrated. So scratch the snowflake obsidian that I originally had. I could not find a stone in the teachers box of stones, so yesterday I went to a bead and shell shop that I had heard about, but was not sure where it was located.
Jackpot. I found a piece of American turquoise, that is just a little larger than my bezel, so I filed it a bit, and I think we have a match! I just need to fit it in and finish the sides this week.



A couple of new items in my shop this week:
Sterling silver and pearl earrings-dangle


Sterling silver coiled bracelet-boro beads-Thai silver shell beads


That's all for now. Have a happy Saturday night!

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Rose Clearfield said…
I love the curled silver for the dangle earrings! Beautiful work all around.
TiLT said…
How great! loving the spirally earrings :)
They are all lovely! You do beautiful work!
Your ring looks great! I can't wait to see more...I'm a little addicted to rings :)
And the curly-Q earrings are so cool too!
Your work is incredible!
Anitra Cameron said…
Beautiful! Especially that bracelet. Oh, my.
Judy Nolan said…
What beautiful work you do! I especially like the bracelet.

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks