Monday's News

Post show update~ Well I really enjoyed the show that I did yesterday. It was only 4 hours long, and I had a space indoors, nice and cool. The people were all nice, friendly, and the show well organized. I did have a few sales and that was good! I even had a custom order for earrings which I worked on today and are now tumbling to finish.

My indoor space (booth)


a closer look


Looking to outside earlier at set up


a look outside


greyhounds


So it came to me how easy it is for me to sell my jewelry in person. And how difficult it is to sell on-line. Everyone who sees my jewelry always raves and can't believe some of the work that I create. It's so hard to portray that in a photo. People love to see things in person, try them on, hold them up to the light, and see the beauty of the stones etc.
Then I took a look at all the fees required to keep up an on-line shop. The listing fees, the selling fees, the time put into photographing, listing, etc. I just don't know. I'm looking somewhat forward to doing more live shows. Not sure what will come of my on-line sites, if they don't start making me back some cash!



Bookmark and Share

Comments

storybeader said…
you make some really good points about the time and cost of online. I usually sell something at shows, but they take a lot of time and energy... and usually cost too! {:-Deb
Anitra Cameron said…
That looks like a really cool show. And I have to agree with you--selling things in person is a Lot easier than doing the online bit.

And still I'm thinking more online is the direction I'll head. =oP

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis