Setting Goals

One of our choices this month for a writing topic (for Etsy Blogger's Team) is about goals, long or short term. And what a topic it is. Sometimes I just struggle with these posts! Do I write fluff off the top of my head, or do I dig deep and write about some life long dream of mine, opening up my soul a bit for the onlooker who may be stopping by. Well, I have to tell ya, It's taken me all week to think about this one! And think some more! I read over some of my teammates blog posts to get an idea of what others are doing, just to get a feel for it. So here's what I came up with.
My Jewelry Business Goals
Now as much as I've read, and write about, and research this subject, I never really have put down on paper a true list of goals in a time or formal setting. This will actually be my first! And for the world to see! Oh my! I mean I do make lists. I make daily lists of projects I want to work on that day, or projects to finish, and right now I have piles of little sheets of paper all over my desk and work area of sketches of jewelry designs that come to me so I don't forget them. I do need to start a notebook to compile all of these instead of the pile of papers all over the place.
I guess I could say this would be a first step to a first goal on week one.
I've read many places where it is suggested to have short and long term goals to strive for.
Right now this is all I can come up with:
LONG TERM: in 5 years: Hopefully not be working in the profession currently that I'm in, either doing something else or strictly working in the jewelry business.
WITHIN THE NEXT 3 YEARS: Becoming an active member of local organizations (pertaining to arts and business owners) And actively taking part in at least 3 "good" art shows per season.
WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR: Having my jewelry in one shop or gallery in each town/city in my area.
WITHIN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS: Doing at least one art show. (My original goal was to do 3, but with the economy, I just don't see it happening)
Like I said before, that's all I have right now.
Well, what do you think?

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks