Saturday Morning

I spend my Saturday mornings in the company of a group of women. Recently, I have had mixed emotions about continuing on with this group. But I must share this. This morning a friend from the group told me how she and another really respected me for how I handled a certain situation. You don't know how good it made me feel. Hope has risen! I feel a bit better about the whole situation now.
You know, sometimes things appear worse than they are in actuality. Our minds tend to blow things out of proportion. I know mine does. One of my mantras that I try to remember is, "It's always 100 times worse in your head than it will actually be".
I'm sure I'm not alone with these types of thoughts. I have the hamster in my head running and running on the wheel. Sometimes he can't get off.


FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real
The mind is a very powerful tool. And it can play tricks on you. So I try to remember to stay in faith and not fear. When my mind starts racing off to never-never land, I try to use positive self-talk and affirmations such as these: It really doesn't matter; So what! I can handle it!; I allow my mind to relax and let go.

Now, totally off topic; I'm off to search for some pictures or websites about Greek Goddesses. Anyone know of a good site?



Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis