I've got my groove back!

I've had a great last 3 days; a good weekend. I finally have some new jewelry made and photos to share. It felt good to have thing flow, to feel natural to me; working and shaping with wire. But before I do show off my new goodies, I want to mention that in today's mail I got this month's issue of "Step by Step" wire magazine and paged through to find my earrings featured in the gallery page. This made me happy! A step forward!

A great magazine for those of you would want to pursue wire jewelry making.
So on to the eye candy. I made a number of hoop type designs, well squares to be honest. A pair with a dangle of wire wrapped chunk amethyst, and (my personal favorite), "barbed wire" squares of sterling silver with copper twisted wire wrapped around. I think I'll be making a pair for myself!


And some more sterling silver spiral earrings in bright silver and oxidized with some metal beads. These were a request from a local gallery here.


Then I finally finished a bracelet and earring set that I've been spending some time working on. It's all pure copper oxidized to a beautiful patina finish with artisan made lampwork beads. Rather earthy, natural looking with spirals on them. Another of my favorites to use in my pieces. All coiled and with a hand crafted toggle clasp; a new design by me, with great matching earrings. I love the look of the spiral ear wires that I made with these.



Now these won't be available right away in my Etsy shop, but if there's something that you want, please leave a comment or contact me so I can let you know the prices and get them out to you! Thanks for looking and enjoying my blog!


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis