August- I'll be glad when it's over

Yeah, that's right. I hate this heat here in Florida. I know many of my friends in Texas can agree with this! But really, the heat; too hot to do anything outside, I don't feel like looking for a job, or working for that matter.
Can't wait till the kids go back to school. Not that we have any ourselves, but it will be a good thing! Get them back in the class room, learning. And hey, that may actually open up some jobs for us others!
T.V. shows are all in reruns. I can't wait for the fall line up to start. I miss Survivor and The Amazing Race.
Well, I have to say that I've had a good day today! Had a great early start, did yoga, talked with some friends. Then I decided to do something good for others. Always a good thing to do. I cleaned out my clothes closet and got rid of all the clothes that don't fit anymore. Four bags full! I mean, come on, I have to be honest with myself, I really need to loose about 50 pounds! So, as I've heard, "if you haven't used it or worn it in a year, get rid of it". Many of which were uniforms from work. I had mixed feelings about those. A knot in my stomach, if you will. Sure they don't fit. Sure someone else could use them. Sure I haven't used them in 9 months myself. But it did feel a little bit weird; almost a feeling of change; like, "I've got no need for these things anymore."
I tend to do this about twice a year. Give away things, that is. I have this saying, if I bring anything new into the house, something old has to go. I think this way for 2 reasons. The first being that I feel blessed to be able to have nice things when others don't, and second, I don't like clutter. And we don't have alot of room for storage of things. We only have about 1200-1500 square foot of living space, and now that we've been purchasing things so that I can do outdoor craft events, some other things had to go!
I like to donate my stuff to women's shelters, homeless shelters, half-way houses, something like that. And I always feel good when I do this. It's one small way to help others.

I have no new photos today, but I have 2 coily bracelets that might be completed by tomorrow, so photos will follow. On Friday, there is a local bead show here that I am going to, hopefully to pick up some nice lampwork beads; not too much to spend though, but there is one artist who's work I am interested in. Stop back later for more!
Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis