The Artist

I am a self-proclaimed artist.
I don't work normal hours.
I am emotional.
I love nature.
I am a non-conformist.
I have cats.
I am highly spiritual.
I'm a little bit quirky.
Some say, crazy.
I have tattoos.
I enjoy art in many forms.
I like sushi.
I'm opinionated.
And most recently, I've begun to understand the term, "starving artist".


I'm bored. This is where I find myself today. Now I was going to post a photo of myself above here, but couldn't find one, (can you believe that?) So my mythological picture will have to do. Not that I look like anything in the above picture!
I guess I'll have to expose myself another day.
I've done all my work; applied for jobs, posted new jewelry, checked my email, went to the post office. Ate, and ate some more.
So I thought I'd blog a little here. I hate to go all week and not post on the blog!
Now I've talked about it for a while now, and put it off; writing an article on gemstone lore. I've had a stack of resources sitting on my desk, I'd say for months now. So I decided to tackle that today. I may have gotten in over my head.
There are way too many gems to list! I could spend hours, no months, and possibly write a couple of books myself on this topic! So I thought I'd break in down into easier chunks for me to handle. I started a list (of 10) for now. What I'd like to do is add my own personal photos to this article also, as I have collected so many different stones over the years. Yes, I'm a rock hound.
I plan to do an A to Z, so I see weeks of posts available to me to write. Here's my first list of 10.
agate
amber
amethyst
aquamarine
aventurine
bloodstone
carnelian
chrysocolla
chrysoprase
citrine
Oh, um, hmmmm... I'll have to tackle this tomorrow! Come back!
Crystal Macro I
Bookmark and Share

Comments

I love gemstones - in their raw form and cut and ready for jewelry.

A good friend who is a jeweler gave me this huge chunk of raw citrine and I just love touching it - it's huge and heavy but the crystals are deep orange amber and big and enticing. I've dragged that rock around the country for over 13 years, lol.

You should write a book - just do it one post at a time!

Thanks for you comments on my new homepage design at PopArtDiva.com, I'm glad you thought it was "user friendly", lol.
cindy said…
It will seem like a whole book, by the time I write all these posts; A to Z!

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks