Why I like ArtFire


Some of you may not even know what ArtFire is, so here's the briefing. It is a newer on-line selling venue for handmade artisan items and supplies.
I've joined recently, so I don't yet know all the ins and outs, but what I do like about it are these things:
There are no selling or final value fees. You only pay a small monthly account fee, and you can list as many items as you like! And you can add as many photos as you like, up to 10 or 12 I think.
And I really like this cool rapid cart widget, (that you can see in the side bar, scroll down a bit). It makes it so convenient for someone to buy something they like right away without having to open a account or something.
Now another really cool thing that they have is Google Analytics.

https://www.google.com/analytics/reporting/login?ctu=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fanalytics%2Fsettings%2F%3F

I just started tracking my shop, so I don't have much details about it, but what I do know is that on ArtFire, every time your shop is visited, it is recorded and you can pull up a report page that shows how many hits an item got, the URL where it came from, and more. So you can set up an account with Google and it will show you full details of all types of information that can help you follow trends in your business! Very helpful! That is once I learn how to use it and all. Some of you may remember that I am somewhat computer challenged, but getting better.



Now a fellow jewelry artisan, Storybeader: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5588115 had interviewed me for her blog, and I was really pleased with what she did. You can have a look at it here: http://www.storybeader.com/2009/05/etsy-artisan-interview-devine-designs.html
Thank you Deb!
Oh, I did mention that I would show off the etching work we did in class last week.




Every thing is oxidized copper. I hammered the hoops to give them a little curve, and just added a small coral round bead in the center. These are for me. We experimented with copper discs and etching too. And we learned how to make this curved style of ear wire.



What I like about this style is the flattened wire in the front as the focal for the earring. I'm going to make some in sterling too. I added a small raku Mykonos Greek ceramic bead. Not too fancy, but the ear wire makes a striking appearance. I'm going to try these out this week to find out how they fit and hang on the ear.
Not much else to report today. Stop back soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis