How many..........?

How many programmers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, that''s a hardware problem.

How many Democrats does it take to change a light bulb?
That light bulb's never getting changed.

How many IBM employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?
10,000: one to hold up the light bulb, and 9,999 to turn the building around.

How many Republicans does it take to change a light bulb?
Three. One to change the bulb, one to call the media and publicize it, and one to blame the electric bill on the Democrats.

How many IT guys does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, that's a Facilities problem.

How many teamsters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Thirty-seven. You gotta f**kin' problem with that?

How many men does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Five: one to actually do the screwing and four others to brag that they did.

What do they all (well, almost all) have in common? THEY ALL HAVE JOBS! So, I'm a little bit angry today. Case in point #1. Previously my husband and myself ordered take out from RUBY TUESDAY'S RESTAURANT. You know it's the door to car service, where they ask you the make and model of your car and bring your order out to you? So Benn when to get it, sat outside, and waited, and waited, oh, about 15 minutes is what he recalls. When he got home; cold french fries, and the order was completely screwed up. (We both ordered types of burgers, I think mine was a turkey burger with avocado. So I picked up the box marked, "avocado" and bit into it to find a medium cooked beef burger. So after having to wait a long time, and getting the order wrong, I was mad. Now just imagine if one of us was allergic to avocado and might have had a reaction. Possible lawsuit I think.
Well, I called and spoke to a manager, voiced my complaint, and stressed the fact that there are many people out there looking for jobs, how would appreciate the job, and work hard, and actually CARE about doing good work.
Apologies accepted, free meal next time, yeah, yeah, you get it.
Can I tell you that it happened again?!! Case in point #2. I'll try to make it brief: the "young girl" who took the order, got it wrong, the server forgot something, and they were cooked wrong again. Needless to say, we will not be returning to this location again. It's a good thing to have a caring store manager, but if the employees don't do their job's correctly, what's the point?

Case in point #3. This happened today. While looking through the want ads, as I do, I saw that an animal hospital that I had applied at a while ago was posting an ad again. So I called. "You must come in and fill out an application." "O.k, I did that 3 months ago, can I speak to someone who handles this?" "No." "Well, don't you keep resumes on file?" (apparently not) "because I am a CVT with over 11 years experience and I brought my resume in before."
Does anybody see a problem with this? I think saying "you get what you pay for" seems fitting here.
And I'm talking about all the companies out there, who's bottom line is really, how cheap can we go? applies here. Forget about hard working individuals, or those who are loyal to a company, and can do the job inside and out. Let's just hire all those 16 and 17 year olds who are looking to just fill some time and make a quick buck. Then the company executives can sit around scratching their heads, wondering why productivity is down, or why the company has lost money. Duh, I don't know, let's go back and look at the light bulb question!

ANGER: a strong emotion of displeasure and resentment. I do not have the dubious luxury of getting angry. But let me tell you how good it feels to vent!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis