More wire series

Well, I tried to put off blogging today until tomorrow, but I got on a roll with my blog, you know, doing updates, adding some new things, gadgets, updating sites that might not be blogging any more; just things like that. You'll have to stop back to check out "Shelfari" that I added to the bottom of my blog because I haven't worked out the kinks to start my book list. It seems I've had an account and deleted it and now cannot retrieve information to log back in. BTW: I hate my computer sometimes.
It feels like I haven't made any jewelry this week, although I have. I've made a few hoop earrings to add to my wire series that I'm working on right now. Actually, I started this week on a sort of southwestern necklace combining rustic copper and brass components, gemstone beads and polymer clay beads. It was coming along rather well, since I am making all the links individually and the clasp by hand too. I put a few hours into this piece, anyway, I ran out of bead caps, had to order more, and put that on the back burner until the caps come. So moving on..... I made some rustic hoop earrings; one pair oxidized copper and rich colored Kazuri beads, and 2 others of oxidized silver Kazuri beads, and Bali beads. The ear wires are hand forged, hammered for texture, oxidized and tumble polished.



Then I made this rectangle pair with sterling silver, oxidized silver coils, Thai silver beads and cathedral beads.


Now they won't go into a shop tonight, and I'm not sure where they will go, as I'm thinking of trying a couple of other sites since there are so many jewelry shops on Etsy and sales have been few. Of course we have the economy to blame for that!
I'll still have my Etsy shop as my main shop, but I might try out Art Fire and/or
Shop handmade. I have to spread myself around a little, I think.
Oh I almost forgot! I did make myself a real nice wire coiled bracelet.

I have to give credit to Stacy Perry for teaching me this technique. It was fun to make, but don't ask my fingers and hands! A lot or wrapping! I love it! Wore it out today and got lots of compliments. I will be making another, similar to this one for sale soon. And don't forget, I will take custom orders as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis