But I don't feel like it

I'm forcing myself to blog today, because I've got a case of the "lazies". The past few days I felt that I had nothing to blog about, I was finishing a few new pieces of jewelry for my ETSY shop; but besides that, nothing more. I "should" be taking down the Christmas tree and putting decorations away. I should vacuum. I should organized my work space, put away my new supplies, do December's tax log, exercise, groom the cats, but, I don't feel like it. My afternoon naps have become too common place for me right now. And although I have been busy, it's hard to self-motivate sometimes. I do appreciate all my fellow bloggers and jewelry designers, artists and crafts people, because I do get inspiration from you all.
I'm also feeling a bit stir crazy. I'm not used to being in the house so much of the time. Some of you may know that I haven't had a "day job" since mid-October now, and it's just starting to make me crazy. I'm sure anyone that's been snow bound can relate here. Our cats are like bad kids. Achilles, ( the young one) is wild, and all I do is yell at him all day; "Achilles! GET DOWN!" "Achilles! STOP BEATING UP THE OTHER CATS!" Then Rex, (the old kitty) is hungry from morning to night. "Meow, meow, feed me, feed me!" He's at my side doing it right now as I type. Um, let's see it's only 10:00 AM. They were just fed two hours ago. And he won't stop. He'll sit and paw at my chair until I get up and give him something.


O.k., now that you know how I feel, I guess I'll stop ranting and show you what I've made the last few days. I did spend one day just practicing making clasps and connectors in copper for new projects that will be made eventually in sterling silver (when I feel like it).

Then I did some pieces of brass jewelry. A triple strand necklace with vintage green beads and pretty brass connectors. A "Queen's Ransom" bangle of Vintaj natural brass, filigree findings, Swarovski crystals, pearls, and various other glass beads. I'm entering this one in Vintaj's January Design Challenge. http://vintaj.com/wpblog/?p=905
And another pretty filigree pair of earrings with wire wrapped coffee quartz briolettes. These are all available in my ETSY shop right now.



Well, I'm off to shower and go grocery shopping, even though "I don't feel like it."
I'll be back tomorrow with the winner of the giveaway.

Comments

Cindy, Thank you for stopping by my blog: http://overthetopaprons.blogspot.com and sharing about your friends adventure. We just started having the chickens on a whim and it is quite fun.

Your jewelry is lovely!

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks