Custom Orders

Sunday....I start my day taking a walk. What a beautiful day it is today. The trees are loosing their leaves and if it wasn't for the heat of the day, I'd swear it looks like a winter day in northern U.S. I'm fighting with the wind as I walk, oh, yeah there is a tornado watch today! Hmmmm..... I picked up a few leaves to show you;

And, "Yes Virginia, the leaves do change colors in Florida".
So I've got a few custom orders I'm working on. I'm grateful for that! I'm working on a Viking knit weave necklace for a guy that Benn works with. And my fingers will hate me later, the necklace he wants it to be 27 inches long! A lot of weaving wire!
And I just made a pendant to match my Triple Goddess earrings, that sold last week at my open house. Normally, I would not make the same thing, but for this friend, she wanted a matching pendant, larger than the earrings, so I agreed. It turned out really nice. I was afraid that I would not be able to match the earrings, but it looks good. Pink tourmaline stones sit in the center of the spirals.

And from this pendant, (I sometimes get into a groove and keep creating) I made these spiral earrings; hammered, added amethyst rounds and made new ear wires for them. New to me, that is, as I experimented with another kind of shape for the ear wires. I like the way the front loop is "flat". I've hammered them in a number of places for a great shape and texture. Then through the tumbler they go! Very shiny! I think this will be the beginning of my WIRE SERIES that I'm going to be making. Stay tuned for that. I think I'm going to call these, "funky swans". They won't be listed in my ETSY shop for a few days, as I have an appointment at a gallery/shop on Tuesday, and I want to bring them along with my other work. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis