New make-up~Makeup Revolution London has arrived

Makeup Revolution London is a fairly new brand; new to the U.S., that you can now find at Ulta. The brand states that it is "professional make-up at an affordable price."
I got 2 items to try. The "Unicorn's Unite 18 eyeshadow palette" and a Salvation intense lip lacquer in the color "Didn't I tell you?".
The lip lacquer claims to be "long lasting, intense color and high shine. As you can see, that's pretty accurate.
This product is a thick lacquer and does produce some intense color, but the accuracy of the color chart on Ulta's web site is off. I was hoping for a neutral pink/mauve color when I chose this one, and I got a bright candy pink color; not for me.

The "Unicorn's Unite" palette consists of 12 shimmer eyeshadow shades and 6 matte shades. I'll swatch from top row to bottom (the mattes).
While the shadows are pretty and diverse, they do not have a good color pay off. They are not highly pigmented as they appear in the palette. I wore them one day with no primer- they wore off easily during the day. Then I tried using an eye shadow primer, but still not intense color that I was hoping for. There are some pretty purples in this palette, and I do like the matte shades, even though they are very light. You need to layer and layer for color. Overall, I would not repurchase. I paid $4.99 for the lip lacquer and $11.99 for the eye shadow palette. It seems like Mackeup Revolution London is trying to copy or dupe for high end brands such as: Urban Decay, Too Faced, and Tarte. You can see similarities on their web site here. And just a note: Ulta has changed the prices of these, I just noticed.

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis