Blog carnival for August 1st, 2011

In this edition, Linda, of Pruitthandcrafts asks: "As Summer begins to wind down, write about what you are thinking about for Fall. We would like to hear how you arrived at or how you were inspired to make these plans."
First of all, I'm thinking about when this humidity will go away! No wait, I think she means what we are thinking about for our businesses!
I have been preparing for fall art shows. Now is the time to get the applications in. So, I have been saving a little, pay check at a time, for the deposits, or fees for entering these shows. My goal for this fall is to do at least one show a month from September until January, February, or March.



I figure this is the most opportunistic time of the year for selling, so I might as well, try to do as many shows as I can handle to maximize sales.
This also means that right now I need to produce, produce, and produce. I will need a lot of inventory in order to do all the shows I have applied for; and of course that is if I get accepted into all of them. (Some are juried shows.)



So, for now I keep a watch on the mailbox, for those acceptance letters, and continue to search for upcoming shows, just in case I need more.



Bookmark and Share

Comments

Fall shows are in my plans as well. I hope you get into them all and do well :)
storybeader said…
hope your fall shows come through. Storybeader is too poor to do shows this year - and I don't have enough products! Thanks for participating in the carnival! {:-D

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis