Speaking truth

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post; boy, it is getting harder to keep up with this blog thing. You know, all this social networking: post to Facebook; add new items in my Etsy shop; post to Flickr; keep up with all the groups I belong to. And to what do I have to show for all this commitment? O.k., so I do have some followers, a few that read my blog; a few that look at my work, but quite honestly, it's getting me nowhere! I must back up and say that I have met a bunch of nice people on-line, and have learned much of the "ins and outs" of many topics, but, now get this: the main reason for all this blogging is to get EXPOSURE OF MY JEWELRY AND JEWELRY BUYING CUSTOMERS. I might sound a little harsh today, I know. I have taken most of the recommendations of "seasoned" other/professionals and yet to no avail, do not see much happening.
Time is of essence to me right now. I'm frustrated with my day job, my lack of jewelry sales, as I'm sure many of you who are entrepreneurs are truly feeling the sting of this economic crunch. I've been thinking and doing much research lately on other work (to pay the bills until I get a large following and the economy improves), going back to school? EEEKKK! I cringe at the thought, but being unhappy on a daily basis does not make me a joyful person!
I'm trying to plan a trip/jewelry workshop; decided to apply to a few arts and crafts shows for the fall season (although I don't know where the money for the fees will come from at this time) Hey, this at least is a start to working on those goals I talked about recently.
I'm also exploring journalism as a topic of interest, since I do love to read and write. (Pssst! I secretly want to write a book someday!) Of course, this interest has taken up some of my time on the web, with chatting and networking new friends and (oh no) more groups to join. And the sad thing is that I just downsized the groups I'm involved with, my reading list and the emails that I get! I can never catch up or finish reading them all.
Feeling like I'm walking a tight rope, I'd rather be relaxing in the shade!



Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis