A look back at 2009

The question asked and to be answered from this sessions of Etsy Blogger's Blog Carnival is: Now that 2009 has come to a close, what will you remember most about last year?
And I must answer this way. After walking out on a job in October of 2008, I must admit that the most memorable thing will be the 10 months that I did not have a "job". And I must conclude that I am grateful for having all that time off.
Of course it was a time of stress, cut backs, and financial insecurity, but I must say that I handled it well. I tried to stay "in the now", day by day, keep my faith, and pray alot.
Along with looking for work, redoing my resume a number of times, which included various forms of it; (I think I have 3 or 4 versions of my resume now) and applying for jobs, what I think I am most grateful for is the time.
I used that time well, to really work on my jewelry business. I read books, blogs, networked with many, got involved in on-line groups, and worked on my jewelry making skills as well. I don't think that I would have progressed as much as I did, if I did not have those 10 months to really work on my entrepreneurial ventures.
One of the best books that I read was "Marketing and selling your handmade jewelry"
by Viki Lareau. And for jewelry making, "Bead on a Wire" by Sharilyn Miller. BTW: if you scroll down to the bottom of my blog, you will see my "bookshelf of these and many other books that I recommend.
I also met and had time to take classes and workshops from Stacy Perry, a well known wire jewelry artist.
Even though times were tight, I value the time I had and used it well.

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Post July 4th workout and update

Oh happy day!