New routine: Working on speed

It's official. I've registered for the 2019 Run Disney race event. I'm not where I need to be, condition wise, so it's time to change things up. My speed needs to increase. You must keep a 16 min./mile rate in order to not be pulled from the race. I've been averaging an 18min/mile, so today I decided to move more, faster and increase my run/walk/run ratio. So I increased to 30sec/30sec (run/walk), and on walking, going a bit faster. I did do a 17min/mile.

So it must be about 200 percent humidity out there today, but I managed to go almost 2 miles. Quite winded, as I could only do about 10 cycles. I blame some of this on the heat. The fall will be easier to train for the race in January. I'm not worried about distance, I know that I can go the 3 miles, I just have to work on the speed.


Last Sunday I tried swimming. I did not feel that I got a good workout. Even though I did 15-20 minutes of water aerobic exercise and then swam laps. It's just not the same thing as running. Plus, I really didn't like being at our pool. There were 2 other people swimming laps, and I don't like to be looked at in swimwear. And with our stupid condo rules, the pool doesn't open until 9:00 am. By then I'm usually far into my day, since I run about 6:00 am. Well, I tried. I may still use this as an alternate form of exercise.

Stop back for more! To follow my progress, you can read my previous post here.




Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post July 4th workout and update

January 2015 Nature Box subscription picks

Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life edited by Bryan Curtis